Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

the fibertopia podcast | episode 7

Welcome back to The Fibertopia.  Episode 7 is available on my YouTube Channel.  You can view it here:





Finished Objects

Although most of my recent finished objects were gifts, I did have two to share in this episode.  I knit one pair of socks with a skein of Coloring Book Yarns self striping yarn in Autumn Mint.  This was a vanilla sock pattern.  64 stitches knit on size 0 sock needles, heel flap, and gusset construction.




My second finished object is the Samphire Socks by Curious Handmade.  These were a pattern from the Handmade Sock Society in 2019.  I started these socks on a plane to Seattle and finished them recently.  I knit them on size 0 sock needles.  The yarn is Twist Fiber Studio's colorway Road to Raleigh.  I purchased it at the 2019 Carolina Fiber Fest.  




Works in Progress

Zweig Sweater

I am currently working on my Zweig sweater by Boyland Knits.  You can find my Ravelry project page here.  I started this in December 2019.  The yarn is Little Fox Yarns Vixen in Raven's Wing and Petal.  I am making the size Large. I debated for a long time what size to make, and so far this one seems to be correct.  Typically, I wear a medium or large in ready-to-wear tops.  At the time of filming, I was working on the first sleeve. As of today, I am almost done with the second sleeve.



Groovy Shawl

This next work in progress is the Groovy Shawl by JumperCables.  The designer must have previously been Annie Baker, because that is the name on my printed copy of the pattern.  You can find my Ravelry project page here. I am using a mini gradient set from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For Studio. This is a fingering mini set in beautiful, heathered purples and greens.  I purchased this set at the 2019 Carolina Fiber Fest in Raleigh.




Peace of Wild Things Shawl

My last wip for this episode is my Peace of Wild Things shawl by Curious Handmade. This pattern was released during 2018 Knitvent. You can find my Ravelry project page here.  I am using a beautiful skein of Hey Sister Yarn Co Allonsy in the colorway Char. It's a creamy base with grey speckles.  I hope to finish all three of these wip's before the Curious Handmade MKAL that starts this week, but that is unlikely.  At the very least, I hope to finish my Zweig and Groovy Shawl.




Yarn Purchases

I have made many yarn purchases since my last episode.  Here are my purchases from Knit Picks, A Homespun House, and Little Fox Yarns.

Knit Picks Felici Sock in:
Chelsea, Side Pony
Test Pattern, Rose Garden
Pinwheel


Early Riser, Disco Taco, Whobilation, Holly Jolly Christmas


Petal, Minnie Pearl, Lemon Squeezy


Chasing Blue Skies


Petal


Future Knitting Plans

I have decided to participate in the Curious Handmade Stillness Shawl MKAL. It has been quite a while since I've done a MKAL.  I'm very excited to join the Curious Handmade community with this project.  If you're not a member of the Curious Handmade Ravelry group, I highly recommend it!  Everyone is so pleasant and nice.  Here are my yarn choices for the MKAL.

Hey Sister Yarn Co Geronimo in Psych
The Blackberry Ridge (now Old Wire Road) Briar Sock in Heirloom
Hey Sister Yarn Co Allons-y in Mood Ring
Thank you for tuning in!  I hope to see you at my next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg