Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A beginning

Well, I've finally decided to do it.  Last year, I tried dying some yarn with every intention of opening a yarn shop (if I liked it, of course).  Long story short, I loved it and ... just ... procrastinated on opening a shop. 

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to just do it.  Why not?  I don't have anything to lose, except the cost of the supplies.  And, let's be honest, I wouldn't really be losing anything because I am always knitting something.  So, win-win, right?

Last week, I worked on the 'business' aspect of opening the shop -- all those necessary things that you don't really think about until you're in the thick of starting up a business... at least, that's the way it was for me.  'Oh, right... I should probably have my own bank account.'  'Paypal, oh em gee, I need that, too.' 

But, this week, I feel like I've been in a dye factory!  Or... would that be yarn factory?  At any rate, the kids think I'm cooking yarn.

To quote Liam, after I told him that there was yarn in the pot on the stove, "Oh.  Hot yarn."

Darn right, it's hot.  Maybe it'll sell like hot cakes!

Ahh, anyways.  Hopefully all this yarn will be dried soon so I can re-skein, tag, list, sell, and send it on its merry way to someone who will love it and knit/crochet it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg