Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Christmas Knitting

Long time, no post, eh?  Turns out, my Christmas knitting didn't turn out as planned.  Isn't that the way it usually happens?  My to-do lists were long-ish (considering how much time I had), and my already-done lists were short.

One of my to-do's was a box of softies for the kids.  It sounded like such a good idea, to make a gaggle of toys for them.  However, after the first one, I was done.  Like, done.  This little guy is all I could muster up:




He was a hit, though.  Our second son doesn't care for stuffed animals (I know, right?  Why did I think a box of, essentially, stuffed animals was the perfect thing??), but he declared this Despicable Minion his baby!  Making this little guy was worth it.

The deets:  a variety of Lion Brand Worsted, a US G (4.0 mm) crochet hook, a little stuffing, and some hot glue.  Yes, that's right.  Hot glue.  I said I was done, right?  Well, when I needed to attach all the little pieces to this guy, I took the easy way out.  I am justifying it by saying it'll last longer this way.

Another item on my to-do list was this hat for my husband:


After a mouse ate part of the last hat I made him (and then carried the bits and pieces to my car and deposited them in my glove box.  true story.), I decided he was in need of a new one.  I used part of the leftovers from his last hat and combined it with some new yarn.  It fits him perfectly and he loves it.
The deets:  Knit Picks Swish DK in Cobblestone Heather, Sunflower Yarns Strafford in Frederick, US 6 circ. needles

How about you?  I know this is late to the game, but did your Christmas knitting turned out the way you wanted it?  Are you planning your Christmas knitting for this year?  I think I might need to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg