Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Friday's Update

This past Friday, I updated the shop with what I dyed last week.  As promised, it was braids of Falkland and some of my 2-ply fingering.  Prior to Friday, I had also updated the shop with a braid of Corriedale in a very special colorway.

This new colorway is called 'if and any.'  It is named after a friend's blog (right here!).





I love, love, love this color.  Eliza asked me to dye up some yarn she had un-strung from a thrifted sweater.  We brainstormed a bit, and she showed me pictures of what she was imagining.  It was a lot of fun to create this colorway for her.  Check out her blog!  She's awesome!

And here are the braids of Falkland.



Foxtail

In the Clouds

While I love dyeing fiber (and Falkland has become my fave), it was all about the sock yarn last week.  The dye pot was full of it!

There are some brights...



l to r: Turgenta and Sea Spray

...and some muteds.

clockwise from bottom left: Sea Glass, Harold & Mauve, and Lichen & Bark

I'm taking a break from dyeing this week so I can work on some projects.  Who would've thought that being around this much yarn would leave such little time to knit?

2 comments:

  1. Visiting via SouleMama - this is so beautiful! I'm new to spinning, so I have become slightly obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It can be addicting. :)

      What's your favorite fiber to spin?

      Delete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg