Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Princess Pants

I know this is a primarily a knitting/yarn/fiber blog, but I'd like to show you something that I made this weekend.  I am so proud of these tiny pajama pants!




The pattern is from an Etsy shop called Puking Pastilles (which has moved to a shop with a different name and doesn't seem to sell this pattern anymore).  It's called the Ankle Biters Pants.  The fabric is from Fresh Squeezed Fabrics on Etsy.  I bought the fabric a while back, when they were featured on Soulemama's blog.  It's an Alexander Henry print called Paris Park.  The contrast fabric is a .99 fat quarter I bought at Wal-Mart the other day.

I fumbled through the pattern a bit and made a couple mistakes that were easy to correct.  They turned out a bit shorter than I intended because I sewed the contrast fabric on the wrong way!  But, the length turned out to be perfect.  Izzie is a little on the short side, so that mistake worked out to be in our favor.

I would definitely make this pattern again.  It seemed like a generic pajama pant pattern, and the directions were easy to follow (even though I made mistakes.  I realized quickly what I had misunderstood).  And I definitely recommend the buying fabric from Fresh Squeezed Fabrics!  Their shipping was very fast and they packaged the fabric nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg