Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11 Shawls in 2011

At the beginning of the year, I took on the 11 Shawls in 2011 challenge.  Anyone who knows me and my knitting knows that I love me a shawl!  My first shawl was a Traveling Woman in Patons Kroy Socks.  It felt like it took me forever to knit it, and I ripped it back numerous times.

Since then, I've knit quite a few shawls and whenever someone needs a suggestion for a KAL, I'm the first to pipe up with the shawl category.  I've been plugging away with my 11 shawls for this year, and the end is nearing ... the end of the year, that is.  Not, ahem, the end of my goal.  I have four to go.

Last night, I cast on another one.  It's a Damson and I'm knitting it in Sunflower Yarns Fitzwilliam in Columbus.  This colorway is gorgeous.  And I do mean gorgeous.  The picture on my Ravelry stash and project page does not do it justice!

Did you commit to any knitting challenges this year?  Another challenge I decided on, early in January, was to destash.  That was hard.  I limited myself to one 'free' skein of yarn per month, and I stuck to it.  Again, it was hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg