Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 Knitting Goals

It's just a tad late in the year to be posting about goals, but we'll pretend that I had to think so long and hard about this that it took me a month.  I'll start by recapping last year's goals and how I did on them.

My knitting goals for 2011

  • Complete the 11 Shawls in 2011 challenge through Ravelry.  Sadly, I didn't complete this goal.  I started my 10th shawl and finished it in January 2012.  I'm not sad about it, though!  10 shawls is a lot for one year, and I was knitting others things as well.
  • Seriously stash down.  My stash has been out of hand for a while, and it became apparent when I had to move it all to our walk-in closet.  My clothes/shoes and yarn have to share space.  It's scary in there.  I knit 11,600 yards last year and sold some of my stash yarn on Ravelry.  My stash was down 1,119 yards.  Overall, I'm happy with how much I destashed.  It could have been much worse.
  • I allowed myself one 'free' skein of yarn per month.  I limited my yarn purchasing to one 'free' skein per month (12 for the whole year), and I did exactly that.  Yarn that I purchased for specific projects (I knit for other people sometimes) didn't count and yarn that I received for gifts or during swaps didn't count, either.  I am super proud that I was able to limit my yarn shopping.
I've made a few knitting goals for this year and, I'll admit, a couple are kind of vague.

My knitting goals for 2012

  • Knit at least three sweaters for myself, one for Will, one for each of the kids.  That's seven sweaters.  That's doable in a year, right?
  • Finally make our daughter a hat.  Baby girl has been without a mama-made knit hat.  How sad is that?  (wow, that's a lot of rhyming there)
  • Enjoy everything I knit.  Sometimes, easier said than done.  There are projects that you enjoy to knit, and there are projects that you enjoy after you knit.  I want more of the latter.
  • Try to really get into sock knitting.  I forayed into sock knitting at the beginning of last year and liked it, but I want to love it.  I might not love it when all is said and done, but I am going to try my darnedest.  It's just so practically, you know?  Socks are useful!
  • Expand my yarn horizons, without breaking the bank.  'Nuff said.


So, what about you?  Do you have any knitting goals?  Did it take you a month to decide on them, like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg