My knitting goals for 2011
- Complete the 11 Shawls in 2011 challenge through Ravelry. Sadly, I didn't complete this goal. I started my 10th shawl and finished it in January 2012. I'm not sad about it, though! 10 shawls is a lot for one year, and I was knitting others things as well.
- Seriously stash down. My stash has been out of hand for a while, and it became apparent when I had to move it all to our walk-in closet. My clothes/shoes and yarn have to share space. It's scary in there. I knit 11,600 yards last year and sold some of my stash yarn on Ravelry. My stash was down 1,119 yards. Overall, I'm happy with how much I destashed. It could have been much worse.
- I allowed myself one 'free' skein of yarn per month. I limited my yarn purchasing to one 'free' skein per month (12 for the whole year), and I did exactly that. Yarn that I purchased for specific projects (I knit for other people sometimes) didn't count and yarn that I received for gifts or during swaps didn't count, either. I am super proud that I was able to limit my yarn shopping.
My knitting goals for 2012
- Knit at least three sweaters for myself, one for Will, one for each of the kids. That's seven sweaters. That's doable in a year, right?
- Finally make our daughter a hat. Baby girl has been without a mama-made knit hat. How sad is that? (wow, that's a lot of rhyming there)
- Enjoy everything I knit. Sometimes, easier said than done. There are projects that you enjoy to knit, and there are projects that you enjoy after you knit. I want more of the latter.
- Try to really get into sock knitting. I forayed into sock knitting at the beginning of last year and liked it, but I want to love it. I might not love it when all is said and done, but I am going to try my darnedest. It's just so practically, you know? Socks are useful!
- Expand my yarn horizons, without breaking the bank. 'Nuff said.
So, what about you? Do you have any knitting goals? Did it take you a month to decide on them, like me?